Saturday, November 26, 2022

Empty

 


Well, the uplifts are done. Half of our belongings are on their way to KL and the other half we won’t see for a few years! I culled as much as I could. It’s a very weird feeling to take a stocktake of EVERYTHING you own. Quite a reality check and a reminder to stop buying stuff! (Let’s see how that works out!) The house is empty and nearly ready for rental. Side note, I’m a bit of a clean freak and was horrified at how dirty things are when the place is empty. I mean I know you can’t clean behind the fridge every week but OMG! It’s a beautiful family home and I really hope we can find a family who love it as much as we do and they can create some happy memories there over the next few years. 

While Nick and I spend a few nights at a local hotel (and it’s literally nights as we spend the days getting the house sorted), Quiddy and Alby have the place to themselves. Alby bless him is super confused. If the disruption of a house full of removalists for days on end wasn’t enough he is now wandering around looking for his “stuff”. Thank God for Quiddy who has been Albys one constant. No greater love than a boy and his dog! 

Tomorrow is our last full day here as we leave on Monday. A day of goodbyes, and, for those who know me well, also known as “my worst nightmare”. I absolutely hate goodbyes and usually avoid at all costs.

Time seems to have gotten away from us and I don’t think we will have the chance to raise glasses with so many people whom we would  have loved to have seen before we go. It’s ok though as we know we will see them soon. Whether it be here in Australia or even better visiting us in KL. 





No comments:

Post a Comment